2014 progress report
The International Progressive MS Alliance is determined to address the urgency to find solutions for everyone living with progressive MS, irrespective of location. We must work together to uncover the answers and bring forth solutions. To achieve this goal, the Alliance will focus on three important strategic priorities:
Global Leadership – ensuring that research is focused on eliminating barriers to treatment development, is integrated across the MS community worldwide, and systematically measured and refined.
Innovation – leveraging research already underway and stimulating new research and breakthroughs through a significant grants program.
Funding Research – driving worldwide resources to fund the best research, wherever it may be, and unleash the research community to accelerate results with the greatest impact and potential.
- The first global Request for Applications for the Challenge Awards generated 195 responses; 22 were awarded.
- Funded Challenge Award grants are short term, innovative pilot studies to begin filling knowledge and infrastructure gaps
- The second global Request for Applications for the Collaborative Network Awards was released November 2014
- The Collaborative Network Awards are long-term, multi-national projects that will stimulate answers to big questions facing MS scientists
- A global progressive MS research portfolio was developed to understand where and in what area current research is underway.
Expanded Alliance membership
- New Managing members: MS Research Australia, MS Society of Canada
- Other new members: Ligue Nationale Belge de la Sclerose en Plaques (Belgium), Stichting MS Research (The Netherlands), Deutsche Multiple Sklerose Gesellschaft (Germany)
- Established and conducted two Industry Forum meetings, engaging industry stakeholders in this exciting mission.
To read more about an extraordinary year please download the report below: